Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Bjorn's Other Blog

I am writing this blog post to acknowledge several of the emails regarding Bjorn (Farmer) and present my position on the controversy surrounding his Blue God Star blog. Portions of this may be hard for some to read, but it has to be said so one can understand how I have arrived at my conclusions.

Late Friday evening as I checked my e-mail, I found a message waiting which contained a link to a blog called the
Blue God Star. The email indicated that it was Farmer’s new blog. As I read, my initial thoughts were that this is not Farmer’s blog, but then the author identified himself as Farmer. I decided to look at the various posters and found one named Arrowsmith. Arrowsmith writes a blog called the Black Dog Star. There I became even more stunned to find not even subtle Satanism and supportive posts by Farmer under various screen names of Bjorn (farmer); Freiberg; and Far More.

After reading the Star of Shiva and Nature of the Beast as well as Farmer’s posts, I sat silently for awhile overwhelmed by a sense of sadness and disbelief. I honestly did not want to believe this of Bjorn, he knows better. The Star of Shiva is about earth’s purification, a doctrine Bjorn himself has written about.

Some have characterized Constance Cumbey’s latest post exposing Farmer’s writings as a witch hunt. I do not see it that way. Farmer’s post ended with the words “stay tuned for…far more”. He fully intended to continue writing.

I find it reasonable that Constance Cumbey, an accredited author who has dedicated 30 years of her career combating the new age, would react as she did. After all, a person whom she trusted and one whom she linked her web site to recently launched a blog which honored Shiva. Constance had more than adequate reason to act as she did. I would have done the same.

I said on Constance’s blog that if attention were brought to Bjorn which was different in nature, one related to sin other than following a different god, Bjorn’s integrity as a anti new-age researcher would not have been compromised. As of last Friday night, I honestly do not know for which side Bjorn is a watchman.

I have decided to read much of Bjorn’s academic material in hopes of ascertaining what he really believes. This is not a witch hunt. I will let the evidence guide my conclusions. We cannot be compromised in ways our readers don’t know what we believe.

Bjorn, I hope you understand why I have taken this position. I say these things not to embarrass you. This is a very hard truth to say to you as I don’t want you to run away from Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior. I still care about you very much and hope and pray that we will be able to forget this and celebrate together at the Lord’s table.

Rich

No comments:

Post a Comment